Sunday, October 11, 2015

Reflection #6

I learned a lot about how to conduct an interview. Before this week my impression of an interview was that the interviewer has a list of questions that they will ask the interviewee. The interviewer will record the answers using a video camera or an audio recorder. There is so much more to interviewing than what I had previously pictured in my mind.

One thing I found to really stick out was with yes or no questions. I did not think about these as being a bad choice for an interview, but it makes perfect sense. If you are going to take the time to sit down and ask questions to someone else, you should ask questions that can provide useful data. I think almost everyone mentioned that either in their graphic or their rationale so to me that says it is super important.

Interviewing can lead to such different results depending on the type you choose: structured, unstructured, or semi-structured. After looking at Cherie's graphic, I was reminded of the vast difference. She did hers for a structured interview and this reminded me of my idea of an interview before we started class this week. After class I realized how different an interview might be if it was unstructured. The interview would hardly resemble an interview if you thought an interview had to be structured. This reminds me that if I plan to interview I need to choose the type accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment