Sunday, October 4, 2015

Reflection #5

This week I thought it was good to hear about the theoretical frameworks others are using. The whole concept of a theoretical framework is new to me, and when this class started I was totally lost on what a theoretical framework was. I still feel a little lost in identifying the different frameworks, but feel a little more comfortable in the one I am using, community of inquiry (COI).

From the Twitter discussion I was reminded of the importance of not collecting so much data that I can not analyze it. It really made me sure that I should focus on the 9 students who are in both classes. I think these 9 students will be a good representation of all students.

I also found it really helpful to read about how others are collecting data. At first I forgot about using surveys as an option. I was going to interview students, but realized because of time constraints a survey would be more efficient. A survey would also provide the benefit of being all written and I would not have to record and transcribe.

Finally, I also find it helpful that Peter is researching something that also includes social media. It is very helpful to read what he is doing and compare it to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment