Sunday, September 27, 2015

Journal #4

Twitter this week was very helpful. I think it was very helpful to learn how others were finding resources. I was familiar with Google Scholar so I was only using that combined with the references listed at the end of each article. I was running into problems finding full articles though. Someone posted on Twitter that they were using Egan library and I hadn’t even thought to use it. I found that this was an invaluable resource and would not have been able to find the resources I needed without it.


This week I was very intrigued by all of the literature reviews I read. They really got me to think about my classroom and how I teach and run the classroom. I found myself wanting to know more about each topic. I wanted to know how people chose their topic and how they planned to implement it. I always find that these are some of the hardest parts in choosing to do something new.

Overall, I learned a lot this week. I find it very helpful to read and see examples of what others are doing. It lets me know if I am on the right track or not. I also really like have the Twitter chats on Tuesday. I am still trying to get used to all of the functions in Twitter but it is getting easier each week and I am excited to help my students use it in class. This last week I finally got all of my students connected with a Twitter account and their posts are showing up! This week I hope to experiment with it in my classes so that I can write my research proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment